Thursday, March 3, 2011

THE day that changed everything.....

As i was looking at the calender this morning I realized that 13 yrs ago today our lives changed,


On the morning of March 3rd 1998, The reenlistment NCO showed up to my house to pick up Boyd and take him to the wonderful world of the United States Army. I can remember it as if it was yesterday. The NCO told me in a few years i would thank her, it took more than a few but yes I Do want to thank her for this opportunity we have had. WE have been stationed at fort Riley Kansas twice yes we love it i know we are weird..... and we have been stationed in Hawaii!! OMG would go back in a heartbeat. and now we are in AZ back home after 12 yrs of being away from family we are now with in a days drive of just about everyone.  I have learned a lot about myself over the last 13 yrs I have learned that you can survive just about anything if you put your whole heart into it. I get asked all the time how do you do it with 12 month deployments and gone here and there in between and i usually say that in the army the mission comes first and the family second, this is something you learn to deal with and accept I also let them know that we survive because WE are Best Friends and completely trust each other as well.  OH and the 12 month deployment we haven't seen one yet they were both 15 month deployments so 12 would be awesome!!!  It is just a fact of life as an army wife, only the tough can survive the full 20 yrs or more it is not easy and it is not for the weak. I thought I was weak apparently I'm not !! LOL!! here's to at least 7 more years !!! HOOOAH!!!

FYI I never say that!!! !ICK!!!

2 comments:

  1. You are a true inspiration!!

    Love, your new friend Stephanie Byrd :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you said HOOOAH! I never say it either. And I would love if deployments actually stopped at 12 months. The other day some chich I went to school with was complaining about her Air Force hubby being gone for 186 days. I laughed so hard I could barely read it to Martin. Then he laughed. Yay only 7 more years! Judging by how fast the last few have gone, 7 will come and go in now time at all!

    ReplyDelete